Friday, October 17, 2008

Mommy Guilt

I have a confession to make! I forgot to feed Little Man breakfast this morning....and for some reason instead of hiding my head in shame I thought I would tell the world. I think I am hoping that confessing my mommy sin will relieve some of the mommy guilt. Mommy guilt is a powerful thing you know!

You see...I woke up a little late this morning because my allergies have morphed into some ugly thing and my head is full of snot, and my eyes burn. And all this was making me feel a wee bit groggy and making getting out of bed difficult. So I staggered out of bed and offered my kids some delicious, quick and easy toast for breakfast. And Little Man (who is spoiled with scrambled eggs every morning) didn't want any. So I fixed some for the girls and figured that I would make him some eggs after everyone was off to school.

After everyone left I jumped in the shower... because Curious George was on and if I don't shower during Curious George I have to shower with a two year old. Not relaxing at all. I know you understand. Then I had to figure out what to do with my hair because yesterday my blow dryer decided to spit fire at me and die. I was having a rough start to the day.

I came to the conclusion that I would have to get a new blow dryer, which ment adding an additional trip to my errand list of the grocery store, the gas station, the warehouse store,the plant nursery and dropping P.E. clothes off to a forgetful freshman who will go unnamed. So I threw myself together, threw some clothes on Little Man and rushed of to my list of Friday errands so that I could come home and start on Friday laundry. Friday is a busy day!

I was just leaving Target when it dawned that I had neglected to feed the youngest of my offspring. At this point it was nearly 11:00 and the poor little guy hadn't even complained. Which just made me feel even worse! So I bought him a chocolate milk and told him I would buy him a hot dog at Sams club, our next stop. Which I did.... and he ate the WHOLE THING! Poor starving, neglected little child!

So there in full is the story of what a horrible, forgetful, negligent mother I was this morning. And Little Man does't seem any worse for the experience. Thanks for listening... I feel better already. And if anyone cares, I'm blaming it on the snot

3 comments:

KLARK Nehring said...

Hey! You decided to share it with the world because when moms share oopses! the rest of us can go whew! because we know we are all not the bad mothers we thought we were! Thanks for sharing!

Rachelle said...

I love it! What a great way to start a weekend, huh?

Morrell Family said...

Shannon...this is why I love you so much!