Thursday, August 21, 2008

Left Out

It's hard to be two! On the first day of school this little guy ran around the house all excited saying in his little baby voice,"I go school, I go school." You could hear the joy in his voice at the thought of being included in such a wonderful ritual as going off to school! When I explained to him that he just wasn't big enough yet he was crushed! Being two for this guy is all about being too little, too short, too young. He is always watching the big kids go off and do, while he is left behind with mom. So after a summer of having his brother and sisters home to play with, this was just too much for the poor kid. The final blow! He arranged his face in a major pout, stuck out his little baby finger and went and told each of my children, while waving that finger in their faces, "No go school! School Bad!" He was particularly upset after we dropped of the last child at school. Unable to face an empty house he told me,"Go store Mama, Go store." Apparently some shop therapy was called for......along with a chocolate milk!

3 comments:

Danee said...

Shannon - great job and cute background. I am so proud of you that you took the leap. It will be fun to watch your kids grow.

KLARK Nehring said...

Welcome to blog world! : ) The girls started back to school a week ago. 3rd and 6th this year. Katie is thrilled for some time on her own with mom, so quite not the same reaction as yours. Hopefully he comes around and sees that day time with mom all to himself is pretty cool!

dmd said...

The blog looks great...background and all. One project down, a gzillion to go, right?

He'll forget all about wanting to go to school when he realizes he has your undivided attention for several hours each day. No competition to deal with...just fun, fun, fun!

Oh, I only have one...what would I know? Well, it always works out that way in my dreams.