Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School Mug Shots

Yesterday we sent the children of to their different schools one by one by one. (Yes I have three children in three different schools this year!) But first we had to take the traditional Back to School Mug Shot. Just like we did when I was a kid growing up. When I was a kid we took the traditional back to school picture in front of the Japanese Maple tree out in front of the house.
Over the years it was easy to see how the kids and the tree grew. And how fashion has improved! I can still picture in my head my 7th grade mug shot taken in front of that maple tree with my best friend Kim. I was wearing a turquoise and white striped Izod polo shirt, Levi 501 button fly jeans, and white Nike shoes with the big swoosh on the side. Man, those shoes made me run fast! And the best of all was my fabulous, feathered, Farrah Fawcet hair style. Those were the days! I wish I had a copy of the picture to post for you. I wonder if our children will look back in twenty or thirty years and cringe?!?


2 comments:

KLARK Nehring said...

We remember those days! I think we all wore the same outfit at one time or another!

dmd said...

The answer is...Yes! Even these adorable girls will look back and ask, "What was my mother thinking?" Because you already know the question will not be, "What was I thinking?"

Good luck to both of them as they start the school year!