Please excuse me while I share a little of the what the holidays look like at out home. For the next post my mommy blog will transform into a decorating blog. Not necessarily into a good decorating blog... but a decorating blog just the same. Enjoy!
"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there......." This pretty much sums things up around our home these days! We are in full Christmas mode! Carols are playing, cinnamon rolls are baking, presents are wrapped and every one is awaiting the arrival of the big guy in red!
"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there......." This pretty much sums things up around our home these days! We are in full Christmas mode! Carols are playing, cinnamon rolls are baking, presents are wrapped and every one is awaiting the arrival of the big guy in red!
Here is the main attraction in it's place of honor in the family room. As you can see we are a big and bushy Christmas tree kind of family. I think my new sparkly silver ornaments add just the right touch!
Here are some of our collection of Nutcrackers displayed on the piano in the front room. My Grandmother buys a nutcracker for each of my children for Christmas. We write their initials and the year it was given on the bottom so we know whose it is and when we got it. It has been a lot of fun to see our collection grow. The kids love to help unwrap them as we decorate and find the ones that belong to them.
When I was little we had several Christmas decorations that my Great Grandma B had made for us. She always wanted us to have something to remember her by after she was gone. So it seems fitting to me that my children's Great Grandma B gives them something that will remind them of her for many Christmas's to come.
In addition to being a fun tradition our growing collection of nut crackers is a little nod to my husbands German heritage. He grew up celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve, the Old German way.
Here is a peak at the garland and greenery that adorns my mantel. I twisted two thin garlands together to form one hefty, full garland then added the pine cones and berries. I think it looks pretty good.
I even hung a wreath on the mirror over the bed and a stocking on the hutch in my bedroom. I hope you have enjoyed my Holiday Home Tour. I will now resume my role as mommy blogger!
(Did you notice my kitty asleep under the covers?)
1 comment:
Your tree looks just like that one in Pottery Barn! Your nutcracker collection looks like it is growing as big as my nativity collection. The things we love are very special.
Post a Comment