Sunday, January 18, 2009

Trains, fire trucks and a meal out

I guess it's time I started sharing some of the busyness that was our lives during the last few weeks of December. I would have done it sooner but I think I have been suffering PCSS.....or Post Christmas Stress Syndrome as I like to call it!

Anyway... the week before Christmas we had a Family Fun Day and decided to go on a family outing. Our original thought was to take the kids to the snow, but the snow in the mountains had been really heavy the few days prior and the roads were not great. Plus we don't have chains! So because Little Man had a birthday coming up in a few days and he is CRAZY about trains right now we decided to make a pilgrimage to the train museum!

He loved looking at all the BIG trains and walking through them! The other kids enjoyed it too!


One of the favorite spots was the display of vintage trains sets and the Thomas the train play station. They played for a really long time.

Afterwards we decided to go out and get some dinner. As we were walking to the restaurant we saw a local fire truck pull up. One of the few things Little Man like as much as trains right now is Fire Trucks. We managed to get him a close up look at the inside of a fire truck! Cool!


Then we were off to eat. This was a big deal as our children like to tell us that we NEVER take them out to eat anymore. At which point we remind them that it used to be cheaper to take them to dinner than hire a babysitter. But as they are now old enough not to require a babysitter we get to go out and eat in peace and quiet and they can watch themselves!


We even got some pictures to prove that we do take the kids out in public to eat at real restaurants!







2 comments:

jennie said...

Jordan looks like he can't wait for Logan to get out of the firetruck so he can have a turn!
-Mark

KLARK Nehring said...

We keep talking about getting up there to see that museum. We will one day! It looks fun!